Oil fouling is a problem that all air conditioning and refrigeration systems have from the moment they are turned on.
It was discovered by the American Society of Heating, Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE). Oil fouling causes a loss of efficiency that continues to accumulate over the life of the system. ASHRAE confirmed that the performance of a cooling system is degraded by 30% due to this problem. System degradation can be even 40% and higher in systems that are 20 years old or older.
Oil fouling results in:
- a permanent insulating buildup in your cooling system’s coil tubing that is a barrier to efficient heat exchange,
- your cooling system working harder to cool,
- increased maintenance costs,
- higher utility bills,
- an overall negative effect on the financial bottom line energy costs for businesses and industries—from government buildings, schools, and hospitals to business buildings and residential homes.
WHY DOES OIL FOULING FORM?
Any HVACR1 system has as its most significant component, a compressor. Like most mechanical devices, compressors have many moving parts that create a great deal of friction and heat. Oil is used to lubricate these moving parts and reduce friction and heat buildup. As a consequence of the refrigerant coming into contact with these moving parts, sometimes simply to aid in the cooling of these moving parts, oil is picked up by the refrigerant. This oil is then carried through the HVACR system by the refrigerant and builds up on the inside walls of the coil tubing the refrigerant flows through. This buildup is known as oil fouling.
Oil fouling creates a permanent insulating barrier of compressor oil inside the walls of coil tubing in an air conditioner. The insulating properties of this buildup of oil impedes the refrigerant’s ability to transfer heat and causes the compressor to run longer which increases energy costs as well as wear and tear on the equipment.
WHAT ELIMINATES OIL FOULING?
A unique product called IceCOLD® eliminates oil fouling. This product is non-toxic and is not harmful to metals, contains no ozone depleting characteristics and IceCOLD® is guaranteed to improve energy efficiency by at least 10% or your money back. (For chillers the guarantee is 5%.) The average savings is actually closer to 20% and some have had savings of up to 40%!
IceCOLD® restores lost cooling efficiency and protects equipment. In fact, here is a summary of some of the key qualities IceCOLD® has:
- It significantly improves heat transfer in the evaporator and condensing coils.
- It causes refrigerant to absorb more heat faster and more efficiently.
- It produces colder air faster.
- It delivers colder air through vents.
- It generates 54% higher lubricity to compressor oil.
- It allows compressor parts to run with less friction and even less noise.
- It extends the life of the compressor, reducing maintenance.
Perhaps most importantly, IceCOLD® is installed once in a system and lasts the lifetime of the equipment2! This product is also fully insured against equipment damage caused by IceCOLD®. IceCOLD® is a unique, state-of-the-art product in the world of air conditioning and refrigeration. Here are some actual results!
Let’s talk! Call me, Jeannine, at 844-277-0043 or email me at JHall@cesstaff.com for more information about IceCOLD®.